We are open for physiotherapy and massage therapy appointments!
Rougemount Physiotherapy is happy to report we are continuing to be open for limited physiotherapy services. If you have an appointment booked, we will be here for your scheduled appointment time. If you would like to book a new assessment, please call or email us at email@example.com after reading our protocols below.
Please read the following information to be aware of ALL our new protocols to mitigate the COVID-19 related risks to attending a physiotherapy appointment.
1. We have ensured our cleaning and disinfecting protocols are up to the current pandemic standards. Cleaning and disinfection of the treatment cubicle (bed, pillow and chair) will be completed after each client leaves the area, before our next client is brought in. Contact surfaces within the clinic are being disinfected regularly.
2. Covid-19 screening of our clients will be done via a survey sent out by email 12 hours before every appointment, and at our door upon entry. Please complete the screening tool before you attend the clinic. All of our staff will be screened before each shift.
3. Clients will be required to remain in their vehicle until your physiotherapist comes to the door. We ask that you try to arrive 5 minutes before your appointment. If you are running late, please call the clinic as we may have to reschedule your appointment. Only patients will be permitted into the clinic. If you require assistance to come into the clinic we will provide it. This will allow us to keep the front reception area clear of congestion and allow for distancing
4. Masks will be required for staff and clients to protect for respiratory droplet exposure. Physiotherapists will be required to hand wash or hand sanitize before each client contact at the door. We ask clients who have masks at home to wear them to the clinic. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you.
5. All clients will be asked to use hand sanitizer as provided when they enter the clinic.
6. We will be performing temperature checks for all clients and staff entering the clinic.
7. If you have had an exercise theraband provided to you for exercising at home, please bring it to your appointment to check your exercises. We cannot use bands for multiple clients now. New exercises will be sent to you via email on Physiotec, our exercise program as needed.
8. Contact free payments. We are asking clients to pay after every visit to allow for contact free debit purchases with tap enabled cards. If clients would like us to keep credit card information in our billing system, we can bill your credit card while you are in your appointment, so that upon leaving you can take your invoice and receipt and either re-book at the desk quickly, or call us to reschedule your next appointment when you get home. This will help to minimize traffic at the front desk. Should you wish for 100% contact free transaction, we can email a receipt to you. All credit card information, is encrypted in our program so your details are not visible to clinic staff once entered.
Although, we have many protocols in place for screening for COVID-19, PPE measures and disinfecting protocols after each client, there is a risk to attending physiotherapy, as you are in close proximity to your physiotherapy provider. Please take this into consideration when you decide to come into the clinic for an in-person visit.
The health and safety of our clients is our number one priority! Please, if you are feeling unwell in any way, do not attend your physiotherapy appointment! We will not be charging for last minute cancellations due to illness.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our protocols.
On behalf of all of our staff, thank you for your continued patience, understanding and support during this time. We hope your family continues to stay safe and healthy!
Cathy Kammerer PT
For over 25 years, Rougemount Physiotherapy has been helping our clients overcome physical injury and pain. Established in 1996, our vision was to develop a clinic with experienced Registered Physiotherapists and Registered Massage Therapists with a variety of skills to analyse our client’s source of pain and dysfunction. From there an individualized treatment plan would be developed incorporating various treatment techniques such as manual therapy, soft tissue release, therapeutic exercise and modalities to help you manage your pain, resolve your dysfunction and prevent further injury.
One on one care is provided by your treating practitioner in a welcoming and safe environment. We do not use assistants or aides in our clinic.
Knowledge Is Key
At Rougemount Physiotherapy in Pickering, we encourage you to take an active role in your rehabilitation and maintenance through knowledge gained by education, and effective participation with your treating practitioner.
We encourage you to ask questions so you may understand why you came to need our help and how you can eventually maintain your results on your own in your regular daily activities.
Education, Treatment, Participation and Prevention all lead to wellness.